Thursday, April 30, 2009

Goodbye Jetta, Hello House

I had a pang of sadness when I sold Jetta yesterday- that car has been with me for six years... through lots of good times, all of college, even a month or two of high school, skiing many times, one scary "slow motion" wreck as we spun on ice in the canyon (remember Britt?!), I will miss the good gas mileage! And I will miss driving a stick shift. I will not miss the snow storms with her though :) Poor Jetta didn't get driven much since Max came along... but he did ride in her once or twice. Thanks Dad and Mom for the car those many years ago. It was just time for new things, such as appliances in the new house. Who would have known back then that's what I would sell her for? I must be getting old. Goodbye Jetta- we will miss you!!






It seems like there has been a lot happening lately- lots of changes and decisions, but I think that is all good! It makes you appreciate the good things you have in life. We are excited about our new house- it should be done in 4-5 months. I am the most excited for Max to have a house to roam around in, and a yard most of all!!! (Even if it is only dirt for a while!) But I realized he will never remember the condo- the place he spent his first year and a half of life. I will miss the condo in some ways, this is the only place me and B have lived... but we are ready for the next stage in life--- whoooo hoooo


The hole was dug yesterday! Here is our prized patch of dirt.







6 comments:

Gardner's said...

That is awesome I didn't know that you where building a house. Good Luck!!

Brittany and Trevor said...

It IS a little sad to see Jetta go. I guess you can take mine out for a joy ride if you need to :) (oh, when Trevor gets back with it) I think we'll go drive by and see your "hole" today. We're excited for Max'x new pad (ok, and you and Brandons too...)

Jess said...

I'm so jealous you're building a house. At least your car is going towards a good cause. Appliances are a must have :)

Roxie said...

oh why didnt you tell me..im sooo sad I didnt get to come say my good bye to Jetta..SO MANY MEMORIES in that beauty..did you leave that sticker above the drivers mirror..ahhhh *sigh* I will miss her...Your Dirt hole is lookin good...its so weird were both building at the same time..I get a little stressed out now and again picking stuff out I need your help!

Scott said...

I wish I had a dirt hole

Rachel said...

Oh...i still remember when you got that car and our trips to Bridgerland in it. Good times! Can't wait to see more pictures of the progress of your house, so exciting for you guys.