I know I have vented about this to several people. And it's really nothing new. I just feel extra frustrated about it this week. The garbage can is where 99% of the food I make for Max goes. He doesn't eat enough calories in a day to keep a goldfish alive. Oh, I worry about him!
I see lots of other kids in restaraunts, at the park, wherever, woolfing down whatever is in front of them. How do you do this, moms?
Since the week after he was born and I was back in at the hospital on the verge of tears wondering why it was so hard to feed by baby... it r
eally hasn't gotten too much easier. At least he's barely out of the negative percentiles for the first time in three years, he's got to be getting something, right? I guess all those calories from chocolate milk are good for something.
Even the foods he likes at some point don't last long. toma
toes. mushrooms. green beans. fruit. They work for a little while. Then no more. He must get his energy from the sun or something. Because he certainly doesn't lack in energy. I could feed a third world country with the wasted attempts at mealtime. One day at a time. Keep the faith Brandi.
Thanks for the vent, blog. Now I'm off to clean up lunch, uneaten...

3 comments:
You should get the book by Jessica Sienfield, it is for picky eaters. A way to get healthy food in their diet. Hey we should get together sometime maybe meet up in Ogden and go to lunch? It would be great to see you, it has been way too long! email me, christine.crowell@hsc.utah.edu
Don't worry, I'll be back in 6 weeks and help you. . . he usually eats better for me :) JK, that's way hard. The important thing is that you're trying. It's Max, you know, nothing comes easily!
Have you talked to Tina about any of this? Since she is a dietitian, she always has great ideas. Maybe she could help.
Post a Comment