Friday, September 30, 2011

Baby

Ok, so this baby is kicking my butt. Not really i guess, it's more like my own body is revolting against me. Ahh, pregnancy is a natural thing, our bodies are built for it, right? Why do I feel like I had an organ transplant and it's rejecting it? Nothing about being pregnant is pleasant. I can't sleep. I need to eat all the time but never want to. My pants are all not fitting. Sometimes I just break down because this sickness fog is so hard to handle all the time. I feel the baby squirm when I'm so sick, and it kills me. I hope he/she is stronger than me. I hear Max playing in the other room and I can't even play with him a lot of the time cause I'm so dang sick. "sorry mommy, sorry mommy", "K mommy?" he'll say. And I still have six months...
But then I think of the baby, what a miracle, and how blessed I am. I have a great husband who saves me everyday and good family & friends to help and support me. Of course I wouldn't give it up. It's just hard. But I've done it before. I can do it. This is my refiner's fire. We love what we have to sacrifice the most to get. Remember that. Done.

4 comments:

Jenn said...

First off congrats! But I just have to tell you I feel the same way. I was just telling a friend the same thing "isn't this supposed to be natural for my body," I am like you sick all the time. Seriously it is a struggle every minute and a half. Hang in there. I was telling a friend that the best thing ever is labor and delivery because it means pregnancy is almost over. Thanks goodness the babies are so wonderful!! I love that you and britt are prego at the same time again. That is so great for cousins!

Rachel said...

I didn't know you were pregnant, how exciting!! That's fun that you and Brittany are pregnant together again. I'm sorry you are so sick though, hopefully it will pass soon.

Lexie@BookBug said...

Congrats on the baby!! So sorry about the sickness. I was only sick for a couple of months and thought I was going to die. I know you have it way worse so I really do feel sorry for you. But it is eventually over. I only have 10 weeks left and I thought this baby would never get here! Hang in there!!

Laura said...

Wow! Congratulations :) I'm so excited for you!