Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Camping, Swimming, Building, Busy

Max went on his first camping trip ever last week! He lasted in the tent until about 1:30 in the morning the first night and we had to resort to Grandma and Grandpa's trailer. It was an adventure, but I was glad we did it. We went to Basin Creek by Stanley, Idaho, where we have been going for 13 years.
Brandon carved this tree for us in '05. I added Max this year.


Top of the Mountain.

Playing in the dirt.

Lots of roaming space.

We got them to sleep at the same time. Amazing, I know.
Thanks kids for being troopers on the long drive.
Dad carved his and Mom's 25th anniversary this year.

This is my tree that I've been carving in since 1997!

At Stanley Lake

The Salmon River

So Max is really into watching 'Cars' lately. Loves it.

Swimming at the pool.

Max thinks it's funny to hide in the closets of the new house.

Brandon and Dad tiling. Good job guys!

We now have cabinets, countertops, and carpet.
We also finished the bonus room this week!

4 comments:

Jess said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! I love that you guys carved your initials into a tree, it's so cute! BTW, I love you're hair!

jhjonze said...

The tree carving is so cute! And the kitchen looks great!

Patrick-Nicole-Daxton said...

Your house looks great! so happy for you! I love that you guys carved in the tree every year - what a cool tradition!

Taylor Jewell said...

How exciting to almost have your own house. I'm jealous. It looks awesome.